Following these simple steps will keep your cutting board clean and healthy for years to come.
- Water is the enemy of wood. DO NOT PUT YOUR CUTTING BOARD IN THE DISHWASHER, YOU WILL RUIN IT. Hand wash only.
- Wash by hand with a little bit of dish soap, Dawn dish soap works very well.
- Do not submerge or let your wooden cutting board soak in the sink to clean later. Again, water is the enemy of wood.
- After handwashing your wooden cutting board, let the board air dry. Prop the board upright and allow air to have access to all sides.
- Vinegar, yes Vinegar. If you use your board for seafood or other pungent foods and you notice that your board has an odor, you can eliminate the odors. Simply "spritz" with white vinegar (I recommend a 1:1 ratio of vinegar to water for your "spritz") and allow you board to air dry.
- If you notice that your board is starting to look "dry" or doesn't have the shine that it first did when you bought it. I suggest applying some of our "Board Butter" which is made of 2 simply ingredients: Food Grade Mineral Oil and Local Beeswax. Simply apply our Board Butter with a clean lint free cloth (coffee filters work perfect for this) and allow to dry and then buff off.
Following these steps will help provide you with years of satisfied use of your handmade cutting board.